Wednesday 29 May 2013

Three Forts Challenge

Looking towards the Mds. I now have a year to go and if I don’t start training on my endurance soon its going to fly by. With this in mind 3 weeks after the Brighton Marathon and only 2 hours before the gun went off I decided to run the ‘Three Forts Challenge’. 27.1 brutal miles off road with climbs of 3450 feet, all on tired legs. It’s a very picturesque run taking in the South Downs right up to Devils Dyke. You can find it at www.threefortsmarathon.org.uk.

I took the run very steady, hadn’t carbed up, walked some hills, chatted to other runners and finished in 4:05. It was a very different experience from running Brighton, the sun shone and we were given slices of cake and biscuits at the rest stops. The race is more akin to the Beachy Head Marathon.

After there was a little massage and although feeling a little tired I also felt great. Day one of MdS training done. Running on tired legs … check, now to push the distance and see what these ultras are all about 



No comments:

Post a Comment