Tuesday 4 February 2014

Gaiters


Before you ask, no they are not my trainers, the image is for illustration purposes. I decided on Race Kit Gaiters (no affiliation) for a couple of reasons.
 
1) They look comfortable, in that the upper will sit neatly against my compression calf guards and hopefully keep out the dredded sand.


2) They have a tightening strap of velcro at the top. After speaking to Marcus, he suggested that another well known brand didn't fit so snug and he was worried about sand ingress. Good enough for me. The strap could therefore be tightened when running through sand and when necessary.
 

3) They don't have lots of excess material flapping around. Another brand does, and although I have only heard good reports I wanted to cut down on any potential chaffing issues.

4) I have opted for the M/L size with a 9.5 trainer. On hearing a few FB conversations a S/M may fit better. I am planning to send my trainers to the www.shoehealer.co.uk so will report back when they are ready for the gaiters.

No comments:

Post a Comment