Wednesday 12 December 2012

How the obsession began

When did it all this running get out of control? Well in October 2006 I had to get fit for a work related role and I started running regularly. It was easy at first. A few miles here and there on the treadmill soon developed into an everyday routine. Before I realised it a couple of years had passed and I built up to running a 7 mile circuit around the Airport. This was all very well and good until someone decided to invent the Brighton Marathon 2010 !!! That’s when it all went wrong! Almost 3 years later I am now confident to admit to myself that yes .. I am obsessed. Since 2010 I have run 6 marathons, quite a few halves, only a few 10k’s and a few fun runs. The longest being the ‘Goofy Challenge and a Half’, 39.3 miles over 2 days in Disneyland. My PB’s are: Littlehampton 10k 2012 - 39,39 Brighton Half Marathon 2012 - 1:27 Brighton Marathon 2012 - 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment