Wednesday 12 December 2012

Beachy Head Marathon 2012

Amazing ... Amazing ... Amazing

My First off road Marathon, Beachy Head, Eastbourne 27th October 2012.

I have never been so cold at a start line before. The sun was shining but the wind was blowing and it was cold, really cold. I wore a hat, gloves, rave vest and a long sleeve skins top underneath, shorts and compression socks.

The scenery throughout this Marathon is beautiful. One moment you are crossing farm land, the next you are ascending almost vertical hills, running along tree lined paths and up flights of steps. All this culminates with the 7 sisters and Birling Gap. If it wasn't for a friend wishing me well at strategic points throughout and my wife waiting with open arms at the end I may never have finished. I did finish in 3:46 and for that I'm proud.




The organisation was great, the marshalls and support throughout was a joy. Hot showers and a meal were at the finish line. I can't recommend this race enough



http://www.beachyheadmarathon.org.uk/Eastbourne-Beachy-Head-Marathon/details/?dms=13&feature=1&GroupId=1&venue=3401783&easi=true

No comments:

Post a Comment