Thursday 9 January 2014

Trainers


Trainers - Brooks Adrenaline GTX 13

This is no way an add for Brooks but its my choice of footwear for the Mds and here are the following reasons:

1) Rory Coleman said so (if anything is good enough for him its got to be worth serious consideration)
2) They are much lighter than their previous models
3) Stability - I prefer minimalist trainers and even race in 5 fingers but I figure a week on my feet in the dessert and they will be battered. Best to give them a little helping hand when my form becomes sloppy
4) I have used Brooks many times before, right across their range and never had any problems
5) They come in a wide fitting, feet will swell so giving them a little room to grow should help.
6) My trainers are usually a 9-9.5, I've gone for the 9.5 in a wide and I'm thinking this will be sufficient
7) I am planning on running in 2 pairs of socks, this hopefully will prevent blisters and allow me to remove a pair if foot swell is significant 
8) Ive been running my long runs and ultras in Brooks Adrenaline ASR, the off road versions. This was to get myself used to running in this type of trainer again. I got a size 10. No blisters have been caused but even after a full ultra there was masses of room in the end

Well the trainers are decided .... now for the gaiters

No comments:

Post a Comment